Open for drinks 12-11pm Monday to Saturday (12-9 Sunday)
Food is served 12-3pm and 6-9pm Monday to Saturday
12-4pm for Sunday lunch (no evening food service on Sundays)
Dining reservations with instant confirmation should be made using the Opentable form below. You’ll be seated inside the pub: tables in the beer garden can’t be reserved.
PS. The form above only works for tables of up to 10. If you’d like to book for more people, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do – but be aware we’ll probably need to take a deposit and ask you to make menu choices in advance.
Frequently asked questions:
- Are you dog friendly? Yes! We love dogs! They’re allowed in all parts of the pub and given a warm welcome.
- Do you offer a children’s menu? We offer half portions of some main courses for children, and among our small plates you’ll find yet more options.
- Do you cater for vegetarians and vegans? Yes we do! Just take a look at our menu below!
- Do you cater for wedding receptions and other large functions? We’re afraid not. The size and lay out of the pub means we can’t cater for big groups without impairing the enjoyment of other customers: we don’t have a separate function room, and we’d never close the whole place for a private event.
- Do you have a car park? We don’t, but the citadel of Rye is surrounded by public car parks, and you won’t have to walk far through our beautiful town to find us: just head up to the castle and down the steps to our front door (there’s a helpful sign pointing to the pub). Don’t follow Google Maps directions to the pub as it takes you all round the houses (if you do, enter “Rye Castle Museum” and we’re just behind behind the tower!)